Canada Water Library
Saturday 14th March 2015, 9.30am to 4.30pm
Rewrite are pleased to announce an advanced level Creative ESOL training course, sharing their innovative practice on language learning through drama and the arts. The one-day course is suitable for anyone involved in language teaching, arts facilitation or supporting newly arrived communities (and is particularly relevant for EAL, ESOL and participatory arts practitioners). After the success of our recent foundation stage training days we are excited to be offering an advanced level course for individuals who already have some experience or knowledge of the Creative ESOL model.
Course participants will gain:
- Knowledge of how to plan and deliver a Creative ESOL course
- An understanding of how to incorporate participatory arts and language learning into a scheme of work
- Knowledge of how to work towards a performance or sharing event with your students
- A larger ‘toolbox’ of activities to teach language through drama, play and the arts
- Greater confidence to implement aspects of the model appropriate to your context
- A new resource handbook to take away (including an example scheme of work)
The course fee is £150 as it is not subsidised by a funding partner.
The course will be held from 9.30am-4.30pm at Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Road, SE16 7AR, adjacent to Canada Water Station.
Feedback from our Creative ESOL foundation training course:
- “What a relief! Finally, a training course with pure creative ideas, hands on elements instead of theory. We need courses like this to support what really happens in the classroom”.
Nasira Amin, Sheffield City Council, ESOL Tutor
- “It will help me to engage EAL students in a more direct and energised way. It also stands as a model of good practice for teaching in a mixed EAL/mainstream setting”.
Justin Willson, EAL Coordinator, Holloway School
- “I’ve come away with lots of great ideas to think about and the confidence to adapt exerecises and come up with my own ideas.”
We also deliver bespoke Creative ESOL training courses, please email [email protected] for more information.